Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In the White Room

We've been looking at interior paint colors this week. We want white. Not offwhite or cream or linen or cloud or barely [insert color here]. White-white. It has become clear that most paint companies don't make white paint. I find this extraordinary. What is more classic than white? Rodda has an entire collection of "whites" and none of them are actually white. Heavy sigh.

I believe we found something we can work with: Behr Ultra-Pure White. It's BRIGHT WHITE. Not yellowish or rosey or blueish. Just white, thankyouverymuch. Check out the color shown on the brick wall here. That is white. Those other colors shown on the walls and trim. Not white.



Now, why was that so hard?


(Note: I realize that I'm coming off as a bit pissy. I think I am growing weary of bulding our house; now I'm ready to simply live in it.)

1 comment: