Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's my party and I'll [X] if I want to

I was trying to think of something witty to say on my birthday, but I'm not sure exactly what I want to do today. Cry? Nah. Smile? Laugh? Pause? Breathe? Something like that. Cautious optimism is in the air...

Anyhoo, in addition to what must surely be a fabulous surprise party headed my way, we are in the midst of several improvements in advance of the open house.

Outside. We're actually doing things to make the outside look somewhat as nice as the inside. We're laying down some gravel areas and are likely laying down some sod as well (as the giant backyard mud pit in which the dogs frolic each evening is becoming suboptimal).

Shop. The shop is awaiting siding and it's gleaming glass garage door. I promise I will post pictures soon.

Decorating. We've added some touches to make the house appear more finished -- curtains, shelving, art (well, we haven't hung it yet, but it's on the list).

I must go and make myself birthday-beautiful now. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment